The latest trend in interior design is downsizing. People of all ages and demographics find that a change in lifestyle to smaller living spaces is the answer to their present needs. Couples are finding themselves in large homes where they raised their family and now have too many bedrooms and rec room spaces. Many people who retire find they would rather have a smaller living space to keep up, so they will be free to travel more on vacation and visit family and friends. Suddenly, single men and women are moving to smaller spaces that feel cozy for one.
But the change to downsizing can be unsettling. Many people believe the process is too challenging and are hesitant to move ahead. If you want to be excited about your move from a large residence to a smaller home, condo or apartment---you may need help. A professional interior designer can help you to alleviate your concerns and cross the barrier with new enthusiasm and confidence.
I have worked with many clients who are downsizing for many reasons. Here are just a few of the services that I can provide to you:
- review of present furnishings
- analysis of your lifestyle and budget
- study of the floor plan of your new space to determine fit of current furniture
- proposal outline for design of your new home
- accompany you to retail or wholesale suppliers to select new furnishings
- recommendations for estate sales, movers and remodelers